Monday, December 28, 2009

I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

My boyfriend and I broke up 3 months ago, and it still bothers me more than anything. It plays a huge role in my life and I'm constantly crying because I guess I thought in my heart we would get back together. I know I don't want to be with who he is now but he is self destructing. He has completely stopped coming to our christian group and campus ministries. He has started drinking quite frequently which is something he has NEVER done before, especially since he hates beer. I'm really struggling because I feel like that isn't him and I want to grab him and shake him and say wake up but I can't. It's so difficult to see and to care so much. I'm thinking I should delete him from myspace, facebook and block his aim, but is that helpful. I think it may make me struggle more. I really would appreciate encouragement (especially religious), experience and advice. Thanks



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

This is someone I learned allong time ago... You can truly love someone, but know they are not right for you. Only you can make this decision for yourself, however...



Good Luck!!



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

All I can say is that everything heals over time. Relax, think of the things you want to accomplish in life. When one door closes another door opens. Good luck.



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

Correction, you love him but hate his destructive behavior at this time. Be very wary in allowing him to manipulate you, which seems quite obvious since he is drinking and doing things out of character. Without all of the background, it is hard to advise you to do anything. Why did you break up? Was he acting like this before and that is what caused it?



You must acknowledge especially from a religious background that sometimes things happen for a reason. You must first love yourself and he love himself before anyone is capable of an adult relationship with commitment, which seems what you are desiring.



Use the power of prayer and give it to the big guy (Jesus). He's up all night any way. If something belongs to you, it will come back to you and if it never belonged to you, it won't.



God's will is not always our will. He may be doing you a favor at this point, but you must trust him regardless. Love %26amp; Prayers



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

I experienced alot of this when I was in highschool I dated someone for 4 years. We were very religious and good kids. We broke up a couple times throughout the four years, and it was the most horrible thing in the world to me. He must be going through some stuff right now and wanting to do things he never done. The only advice I can give you is realize it happened for a reason and be strong. I would delete him from myspace and facebook because it will be much easier for you not to hear of what he is doing. Be strong and keep praying it will give you peace. Be strong and hang in there.



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

If your trying to help him I wouldn't delete him from your myspace or facebook or block him from you aim. The best thing to do sometimes when you don't know what to do is to do nothing and see what happens naturally.



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

If you're looking for religious encouragement, I suggest that you post this under that category. The two of you have obviously gone your separate ways. Maybe you should just move on. It's awesome that you care, but you have to live your life. You can't save everybody nor is it your responsibility to do so.



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

I agree with Julie B, especially the part about giving it up to the big guy (Jesus). Something similar happened to me recently. There's this woman who is very special to me and gave me hope in my life. We are not together any more and it's been so sad and difficult to deal with. Last week I prayed and gave it up to God and said to myself it's out of my hands, either it's in God's plan or it's not. And I tried really hard to focus on other things in my life that I can do something about.



It's really helped and I've stopped doing crazy things like checking my phone every 5 minutes to see if there are any new texts.



My thoughts and prayers are with you. I bet you have unanswered questions about it and those make it hard to walk away.



I love him but hate him too, ex advice/encouragement please?

one thing you must never compromise on, and that is your core beliefs.



it's a good thing you have a strong commitment to religion, but he has wandered, let him, it is his self path that he chooses. you do not try to chase after someone, you may feel pity for them, but for you life goes on. and that means finding someone else new.



for all actions there are consequences. you do not have to try to point out to him his action and his consequences. he knows that, he chose that route. he needs to pay for his actions. part of that is he does not to get to know you if at all.



it is wise to cut all communications with him. after all would you befriend a drug addict and want him emailing you?



some people change, and radically so. there are usually signs as to why he changed, you just missed whatever signs there were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pda