Saturday, November 28, 2009

Any suggestions for a good non-traditional, Christian, contemporary song to walk down the aisle to?

I am looking for song ideas to walk down the aisle to. I do NOT want the traditional wedding march song. I want something, hopefully piano/keyboard led, to walk down the aisle to but it be a Christian song. For example, a friend of mine use The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe (she has a myspace) but I wouldn't dare use that song after she did...any ideas? Any suggestions appreciated!!!



Any suggestions for a good non-traditional, Christian, contemporary song to walk down the aisle to?

-"Only Hope" by Switchfoot (from the movie A Walk to Remember.)



You can see the lyrics %26amp; hear a sample here: http://music.yahoo.com/Switchfoot/Only-H...



-"How Beautiful" -Twila Paris



Lyrics %26amp; sample: http://www.amazon.com/Twila-Paris-Greate...



-"Stars Would Fall" by Monk %26amp; Neagle



(You really have to hear this, its beautiful. Written by two Christian artists)



Lyrics %26amp; sample: http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/...



That's all I can think of for now!



Any suggestions for a good non-traditional, Christian, contemporary song to walk down the aisle to?

Ok, so I don't want to disregard your request for a Christian song (I think it's a great idea, and I might just use it myself!), but there's a song called "kissing You" and if you just use the piano music it's BEAUTIFUL!! It is so pretty, and says so much without lyrics even! good luck! Thanks for asking this, because i think it's a great idea



Any suggestions for a good non-traditional, Christian, contemporary song to walk down the aisle to?

Stephen Curtis Chapman's CD, All About Love, is filled with songs he wrote about him and his wife, so that might be good to check out.



Any suggestions for a good non-traditional, Christian, contemporary song to walk down the aisle to?

One of my favorite Christian love songs is by Steven Curtis Chapman called "I will be here". Here are the lyrics:



Tomorrow morning if you wake



up and the sun does not appear



I will be here



If in the dark, we lose sight of love



Hold my hand, and have no fear



'Cause I will be here



I will be here



When you feel like being quiet



When you need to speak your mind



I will listen



And I will be here



When the laughter turns to cryin'



Through the winning, losing and trying



We'll be together



I will be here



Tomorrow morning, if you wake up



And the future is unclear



I will be here



Just as sure as seasons were made for change



Our lifetimes were made for these years



So I will be here



I will be here



And you can cry on my shoulder



When the mirror tells us we're older



I will hold you



And I will be here



To watch you grow in beauty



And tell you all the things you are to me



I will be here



I will be true to the promise I have made



To you and to the One who gave you to me



Tomorrow morning, if you wake up



And the sun does not appear



I will be here



Oh, I will be here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pda