Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God

It doesn't matter how old you are or if you are a guy or girl I'd prefer someone about my age (17-23) that can relate to me and I really dont have a specific problem or anything I'd just really like to have a friend that can be there for me when I need spiritual advice. I was raised Catholic but I've kindof strayed away from the church due to just not fitting in and constantly being judged by (no offense) the many arrogant Catholics out there. I guess now I'm just a devoted Christian trying to get as close with God as I can but a good friend to help me would be great. I'm a guy by the way. Yeah you heard me a G-U-Y who isnt afraid to admit he loves God. I just don't like to be judged over stupid things like the fact I listen to heavy metal and stuff and most preachers and pastors look at me like I'm the devil's child. If you have a myspace add me www.myspace.com/masonguevara ANYBODY ELSE IS WELCOME TO ADD ME IF YOU LIKE!



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

That's awesome!



I came out of the Catholic faith for much the same reason. I think what would be best for you is to seek out a great church youth group and tell the youth pastor you are looking for some kind of discipleship or mentor. Most large youth groups will already have these....programs (for lack of a better word) already available. Baptist churches are usually the most reliable IMO.



My brother lives in so cal and you sound a lot like him. He's a church planter and a youth pastor and you wouldn't have known it to look at him but he loves God. Sorry if pastors were making you feel that way based on your appearance. I am sure once you've shown them your heart they would immediateyl change their mind.



You sound like a good guy. Prayin' for ya!



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

Hello, I am converted to Christian from Islam, and i am 18.. I would love to talk with you..



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

it is wonderful that you want to be closer to God........you can find the comfort and understand of God by reading your bible, and go to a church of your choice, the pastor can help you and will be willing to talk to you....you will find other friends that will be happy to sit down with you.



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

Hi,



I was listening Sex Pistols, 9` nails, Metallica, Judas Priest, Nirvana, etc. Now I listen psaltic music. It is some difference of age but if you want to talk, I`ll be glad to answer you.



Kyrie eleison.



Mihail



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

Friend, You first good move was to get away from that catholic system, I have been a christain for over 37 yrs, I am 58 yrs old, My advice to you will be study the scriptures yourself %26amp; if you are sincere with God he will show you how to walk with him, I know he has me for 37 yrs, %26amp; I didn't have many I could turn to, except to God. You say you would like someone that can give you advice, Don't trust man's advice, Study God's word, Because man's advice is mostly just that, their ideal, %26amp; they themselve don't even have a revealtion from God.



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

The only one than can help you get closer to God is Jesus. Just put God and His kingdom first in your life, and everything else that you need would be added to it.



Keep the watch my brother!



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

Welcome aboard my friend. A friend of God is a friend of mine. You will have many friends on this site that will give you sound advice. Just disregard the negative smart remarks and learn from those that know. There is never a dumb question in one's journey to obtain knowledge to get to know and understand God.



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

I followed the same path many years ago.



What cinched it for me was the day that they told me that all of the babies born into other faiths were not going to heaven.



I just knew instantly that God was not that narrow minded. From there on it was a no brainer. Be careful, you can jump out of the frying pan right into the fire. Watch out for so-called faiths that tell you about an unconditionally loving God with endless conditions that need to be met for salvation. Unconditional means no conditions. That is what the real God looks like. You know this in your heart. All you need to do is convince your mind.



You could try the course in miracles. It shows you how to have a close personal relationship with God without all of the conflicting nonsense and judgment that religion can't seem to loose.



Email any time.



Love and blessings Don



PS. The real God is a head banger.



Hey I'm 17 and I'm looking for someone who will be my friend and help me get closer to God when I need advice

I'm here if you need advice or whatever.



I am not however near your age.



Still, don't think we cannot relate.



I know I would catch flak about this from some, but Alice Cooper, since becoming Christian, has put out some great albums. If you know even a little theology, you can see how the compositions speak directly about the issues we as people face-from a Christian perspective. It is theatrical rock, and is done from different viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pda