Saturday, November 28, 2009

Do you think church is like a social club?

I believe in God and I know a fair amount of the Bible. Anyway, I have nothing in common with anyone at my church... I try to have conversations with people my own age, but the girls are like extra preppy and gossip more than most [literally] and the guys just love playing football all the time... [they're extremes. not usual. i'm not exaggerating. i know that most girls like to gossip and guys, play sports, but ...] Well anyway, I added some of them to my myspace and most of them don't act like they're Christian outside of church... I don't like my church, but I live with my parents... I'm not forced to go though. I want to, but it's so awkward... I haven't been for a while because of it. :( Any thoughts? I like my school Christian Club much better. I know everyone there and they act like true Christians...



Do you think church is like a social club?

I agree especially in High School a lot of the kids in church go because they have to. The kids who take the time attend a club at school are much more serious about their faith. When I had a problem with several kids in my Youth Group I replaced it and started serving in AWANAS. I still went to the youth SS and activities like camp and outreach activities so I didn't exactly dropped out but I found another ministry that became my priority. Why don't you try to find a ministry you can serve in(music, camera, children, office). The people will probably be older than you but will also have more in common with your interests.



Do you think church is like a social club?

I would say more along the lines of a support group.



Do you think church is like a social club?

Yes. Social Clubs.



Do you think church is like a social club?

nope like he said ^ support group



but yeah i like to meet some guys that have my faith ;]



Do you think church is like a social club?

or an amusement park ride. "You must be this religious to get on/in". The Rev/preist/ushers being the DJ and bouncers



Do you think church is like a social club?

It may depend on the specific congregation presently. I gather you are in the USA presently!!!



You may want to see myprofile; to confirm that you are not uniquee presently!!!



Do you think church is like a social club?

Don't be so stuck up! You don't own God. Not everyone is going to walk around with their head in the clouds all day. Try being a real person and have some fun once in awhile. Do you really think it would be wrong to have inter social relationship with other people who share your faith?



Do you think church is like a social club?

I thnk that if you are mature enough to know that the church that you go to isn't the church for you then you should branch out. I used to go to a church that was just not for me and I didn't fit in being younger than most.... So I found a few churches to try and found the greatest most welcoming church. Your church is waiting for you to join it.... go find it :) you should not have to go to a church and feel uncomfotable. I will pray for you to find the one for you



Do you think church is like a social club?

The church is supposed to be the fellowship of all the saints, that is all followers of Christ. But this is a fallen world, so some churches don't welcome everyone.



Take heart, though, because there are lots of worship choices out there. Since you like the Christian Club at school, why not ask the others there where they go and if you can visit with them. My husband and I both left our parents' churches and are much more at home with the new fellowship we have found. Our new church is multi-class, multi-racial, multi-national and evangelically oriented. Our old churches were main line traditional churches and practically fossilized.



Paul says in the epistles that we are not to give up meeting fellow Christians for fellowship. So don't you give up. If your parents are resistant, make sure to tell them that you are not turning away from the LORD, you are looking for a home where teenagers worship Him and walk in His ways.



May the LORD bless you and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pda